This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

PROVINCIAL LIBERAL BUDGET FAILURE



March 28, 2012 in the Waterloo Region Record, Luisa D'Amato wrote the following Opinion piece "Budget strikes hardest at society's most vulnerable". Luisa slams the liberals not only for their pettiness and meaness but as much for their puffery. The finance minister and other senior Liberals have the gall to suggest that even in hard times they are taking care of the poor. Poppycock! They weren't taking care of them in good times and now it's hard times and they've decided not to throw them a concrete anchor. Well bully for you Dalton McGuinty and friends. Further as Luisa points out certain items made it into the Liberal budget and certain things didn't. She states "But this budget tells me that they are still picking and choosing their favourite kinds of people, and the poorest of the poor aren't on the guest list.". Finally Luisa comments about the alleged 7.6% unemployment rate in Ontario. Give me a break. Those Statscan numbers have been bogus for decades. They are not and never have been an accurate representation of the number of people legitimately out of work and unable to find jobs. They may or may not be a compilation of people on unemployment insurance but that is an entirely different kettle of fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment