This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

GAS PLANT SCANDAL WILL NOT GO AWAY



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story "McGuinty back on the stand today". About the only possible way to make this whole thing look worse is by being caught trying to coverup. which is exactly what's happened. From a possible $230 million loss to the current $580 million; the Libearls "seat saver" program should be the end for them. If it isn't then democracy is doomed. I say this as not a Conservative partisan or supporter. This was beyond the pale before we found out about missing and or deleted e-mails.

The legislative committee hearings into gas plants have got their teeth into e-mails that supposedly, legally were never to have been deleted or destroyed. Now unless the provincial Liberals can pull a rabbit out of the hat and prove that they didn't break the law by deleting incriminating e-mails; then they are into it big time. The Premier has resigned as both Premier and now as a Member of the Legislature. How far he can distance himself from the Liberal Party and new Premier Wynne is debateable. Personally I just don't think the voters are that dumb. What is amazing to me is that simultaneously the Conservative brand federally is going down the tubes while the Liberal brand provincially is doing the same. Almost makes one think that our politicians are self serving crooks, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment