This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

CANADIAN COURTS, LIBEL LAW & BOB VERDUN



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story "Verdun may get jail in sentencing". This particular tribulation for Mr. Verdun arises from his speaking to his federal Member of Parliament, one Stephen Woodsworth. Mr. Woodsworth apparently replied to Mr. Verdun but e-mailed his response inadvertently to Mr. Bob Astley. Mr. Astley then the proud owner of a court injunction prohibiting Mr. Verdun from any further (public ?) comments jumped on this opportunity to have Bob Verdun charged with criminal contempt of court. Apparently in Canada the free, communicating with your Member of Parliament on an personal troubling issue can actually be prohibited by a Judge. The fact that an M.P. could certainly be construed as an appropriate authority in which to privately take your concerns has no effect or bearing when a court wishes to jealously guard their authority and jurisdiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment