This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

GOVERNMENTAL & BUREAUCRATIC NEGLIGENCE IN TURKEY MINE DISASTER



There has been a story both yesterday and today in the Waterloo Region Record. Yesterday's is titled "Mine ignored toxic gas: media" and today's quotes the Turkish Prime Minister, Erdogan. Currently five individuals are charged with negligent death and the prime minister has promised that all the guilty will be charged appropriately. This is the worst mine disaster in Turkish history and high toxic gas levels were known to be present two days prior to the disaster. As is usual around the world, government supervision of health and safety matters has been superficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment