This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENTS THUMB THEIR NOSES AT THE CONSTITUTION



Mind you they do it of course with the tacit recognition and turning a blind eye by the Federal government. Last Friday's Waterloo Region Record carried this article "Don't hold your breath waiting for free trade within Canada". The author Derek James From is suggesting that our provincial liquor laws giving momopolies within provinces to the sale of liquor are essentially unconstitutional. It seems that everybody is turning a blind eye to what is a black and white no-brainer. Mr. From bluntly states "Liquor laws offer the perfect example of the collusion between the federal and provincial governments to erect trade barriers.". He also suggests that certain public sector unions are also self serving in their support of this anti constitutional activity. It makes me kind of wonder why both levels of government have to pretend. Why not simply make the practice legal? Otherwise somebody, somewhere is going to eventually push the issue and the courts will get involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment