This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Saturday, October 31, 2015

SO FAR PROVINCIAL OFFENCES COURT ARE ON TRACK



I've been listing here various issues both good and bad in regards to my attempts to have the Crown prosecute mayor Sandy Shantz of Woolwich Township for Municipal Election Act contraventions. The normal convention is to characterize them as allegations until the court decides either guilty or not guilty. In this case however I assume when she has admitted to nemerous contraventions it is O.K. to so characterize them as Election Act contraventions. To date she has explicitly admitted to faiing to file an Audit along with her Form 4 Financial Statement. This admission follows her admission that she miscalculated her Total Contributions (Income) thus under reporting them by more than two thousand dollars. She has also admitted to accepting a donation in excess of $750 by two associated corporations. Finally she has implicitly admitted to understating her election Expenses by at least $1,300 via her multiple, ongoing Financial Statements produced since the March 27, 2015 deadline.

While I had a battle getting through Intake Court, I believe it is referred to, in order to get the Information before the courts; nevertheless full credit goes to Justice Radulovic for making it happen on October 1 in Superior Court. Since then I attended Provincial Court last Wednesday as did Randall Martin on behalf of Sandy Shantz as well as the prosecuter, Mr. Alex Andres. He requested my presence at the front of the court simply to identify myself to the Judge who's name I do not know.

The next court date is December 2/15 at 9am. in Provincial Offences Court, 77 Queen St. Kitchener. The prosecuter indicated to the Judge that the intervening time is both for him to review the whole case and possibly he suggested that there might be some determination as to whether some charges might need to go to a criminal court. I am not positive on this last point as a particular legal term was mentioned that I simply couldn't get my ear around fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment