This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, May 20, 2019

BIG PHARMA STRIKES AGAIN

A very recent Waterloo Region Record article was published titled "Drug firms promoted opioids despite risks, $1.1 B suit alleges". A class action suit alleges that Canadian drug makers enriched themselves at the expense of patients by deceptively promoting highly addictive opioids that have killed thousands. Some of the firms included in the suit are Apotex, Bristol-Myers, Johnson and Johnson, and the Jean Coutu group.The lawsuit claims that the drug companies were negligent in how they researched, developed and marketed opioids starting in the 1990s. Opiods kill more people in the U.S. than car crashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment