This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, February 17, 2012

LOCAL SCHOOL BOARD RIVALRYS



I believe that local reporter Luisa D'Amato has been covering education issues in Waterloo Region for close to two decades. In the Waterloo Region (K-W) Record this week is her following Opinion article "School Board rivalry flares yet again". When I was young and naive and even decades later I thought that education was a Mom and apple pie issue. How could any activity dealing with children and education be controversial, antagonistic or just plain nasty? Well I sure learned the hard way. Vested interests and no accountability explains a lot of horrendous behaviour. In this particular matter the public scool trustees were debating the merits of later start times for high school students. long story short the public Board thought they had an understanding with the seperate School Board. Well they didn't and the public Board ended up backtracking because of it. Luisa advises that these miscommunications have happened before and may indeed be somewhat intentional . Interesting. Luisa further advises that trustees and School Boards regularily behave more like the children they are supposed to be educating and turning into adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment