This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, June 22, 2012

UPDATE ON O.P.P. OFFICER WHO HIT BUGGY



Four months ago (Feb. 21/12 I posted a story here in the Waterloo Region Advocate about an O.P.P. officer who drove into the back end of a Mennonite buggy at high speed. At that time it was several months after the accident and charges had been in limbo since then. Yesterday's Waterloo Region Record advises us that time has been set aside for a five day trial for now retired officer Roger Woods. The charge is careless driving and the accident severely injured Onias Frey and killed his horse. This collision took place outside of Mount Forest and the community were very upset about the time gap between the accident and the laying of the careless charge. This results of this trial will be examined carefully. Also perhaps a comparison may be made with the recent hitting of a young girl getting off a school bus. There the driver of a garbage truck clearly was paying no more attention than the O.P.P. officer. The girl has been in critical condition and no one knows what the extent of her recovery will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment