This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

"EDUCATION PREMIER" TO KICK TEACHERS IN THE TEETH



Today's Waterloo Region Record has this story "Liberals set to impose teacher deal". I have been following both this most recent "crisis" as well as our provincial education scene carefully over the last sixteen years since my wife and I experienced our own educational crisis involving our youngest child. In a nutshell I can say this: Both parties deserve to get their teeth kicked in. Currently our eldest is in her final year of a PHD in Biology and my son is in his final year of a Bachelor's degree in Biology. Our daughter did receive enrichment programs and classes in public and high school which probably assisted her in her obvious lifetime pursuit of learning. She did however bump into a couple of ass.... teachers along the way and not coincidentally at almost the same time and school as our son. Make no mistake both of them had far more good teachers than bad and only a couple that I would go so far as to describe as ass..... .

My issue with the School Board is this: they did little or nothing positive to improve the situation and everything possible including lying and manipulation to harass and intimidate many parents and students. Their behaviour went way past disgusting and contemptible. This is why I say that our provincial government should also get figuratively their teeth kicked in. The buck stops at the top and the Education Ministry has enabled decades of self serving behaviour by the School Boards including buying of labour peace and harmony via bribing the teachers and unions with taxpayers money. So finally now that the province is hurting financially they've decided to put on the brakes. All that being said NDP leader Andrea Horvath is correct when she suggests that this is also all about politics. The timing is equisite when you realize that the Liberals would love to win two byelections on September 6 and get a majority government. They were in bed with the teachers unions when it served their purposes and now it doesn't so they are finally doing the right thing. Shame on the lot of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment