This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, August 3, 2012

ORNGE: SOMEBODY'S LYING - EVERYBODY'S LYING?



Rather disappointingly I can't bring up the Waterloo Region Record's story from two days ago (Wed. Aug 1/12) to provide a link to it for the benefit of the readers. The title of the story is "Ornge ex-CEO's defence "nonsense"". Well that's rather bluntly put by provincial Health Minister Deb Matthews. Further quoting the Health Minister "The problem was the leadership at Ornge was more interested in what Ornge could do for them than what they could do for the patients of this province.".

You know the older I get I begin to see a pattern. Governments are all about voter perception not about good governance. Governments are all about "managing" crises not about avoiding or solving them. I am also beginning to suspect that governments put their friends and supporters in these high paying positions hoping that they will be loyal first and foremost. These supporters and friends at the same time seem to have a sense of entitlement. They've been good, loyal friends of the government and now they are going to get a little sugar.

The Ornge air ambulance scandal may yet be the downfall of this Liberal government. It's one thing to throw all the blame on the executives and Board of directors as Deb Matthews has done but who the heck appointed them in the first place? It sure wasn't me and I doubt it was you. It was the McGuinty government. Keep on castigating Chris Mazza and the Board; the least that will happen is that Premier McGuinty will throw Health Minister Matthews out of Cabinet. the worst that will happen is they won't get their majority government and not too far down the line the voters will have had enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment