This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

ASLEY SMITH INQUEST TO PROCEED



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story "Ruling on videos allows Smith inquest to proceed". Divisiomal court Justice Joan Lax dismissed the Federal government's request for a stay of proceedings while they further argued the admissability of videos showing the treatment of Ashley Smith prior to her death. Specifically they show her being ductaped to an airplane seat and injecting her with chemical restraints. These tapes are part of evidence that will show how Ms. Smith was treated in prisons outside of Ontario.

Keep in mind it is both Correctional Services of Canada as well as the federal Tory government who bear responsibility here. Vic Toews, public safety minister is suggesting that the coroner's inquest "...will examine the facts and close the book on what has been a tragic incident,". I suggest that the closing of the book may very well be more of a slamming of the book and could seriously damage careers, excuses and credibilty throughout Correctional Services and the federal government. As well it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment