This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

ASLEY SMITH PRISON VIDEO



"Prison authorities wanted the videos of a dying Smith held from public view". This quote comes from today's Waterloo Region Record article titled "Feds fight release of prison video". What's the matter Stephen Harper, our federal Conservative government and Correctional Services of Canada? Are you ashamed? Are you afraid that your callous, non compasionate care of prisoners in your custody and totally under your control will have to change? Are you afraid that your demonization and dehumanization of young, immature and possibly mentally ill inmates is in jeopardy?

Is this in custody and totally preventable and unnecessary death going to cost you bastards votes? Is that the bottom line? Way too many normally apathetic Canadians are going to be shocked and repulsed by a culture in our prisons which reflects the true morals and ethics of our federal authorities. It just isn't fair is it, that one young woman, in death, can expose the society that our politicians are tearing down, one brick at a time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Justice in this country died a long time ago and Democracy is close behind. Shame on each and every individual involved in the treatment of Ashley Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment