This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, February 4, 2013

CONSTABLE ROBSON OFF THE PAYROLL



Well that isn't too much of a surprise. Based on the original plea bargain offerred to Constable Robson it seemed pretty obvious that the marijuana theft charges were merely for the purpose of firing him. I have to assume that drug or alcohol abuse, via the union contract is grounds for intervention but not dismissal. A criminal conviction on the other hand is most likely grounds for dismissal and with an upcoming disciplinary hearing under the Police Services Act the stage is set. Saturday's Waterloo Region Record has this story "Officer who stole pot removed from payroll". This case certainly has dragged on and in my opinion there have been no winners per se. The Waterloo Regional Police are and always have been essentially unaccountable and the civilian oversight board quite frankly is a joke. It may deal with their annual budget but doesn't have any authority regarding policy or procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment