This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, April 19, 2013

NEARLY THREE YEARS FOR PARTIAL G20 JUSTICE



There are some G20 protesters who were convicted of vandalism and property damage who have already completed their sentences. Meanwhile two police officers are still waiting for their Police Act charges to be heard. Constables Oliver Simpson and Matthew McCartney are up on charges for allegedly using unecessary force on peaceful G20 protesters. Interestingly Const. Simpson is up on charges for assaulting both a Mr. Kapetaneas as well as Mr. Adam Nobody.

Three protesters including Mr. Kapetaneas have just won a modest monetary award in small claims court for $25,000. As Anna Grychtchenko stated "Unfortunately, in the society that we live, money (does) talk. And them paying me off, it means that they've done something wrong.". Also of interest is that the lawyer who sucessfully sued the police in small claims court was Davin Charney, formerly of Kitchener. He was a former street youth with numerous run ins with the law. Hindsight being twenty-twenty, I expect that many Waterloo Region Police officers wish they'd behaved better with him years ago. He has now won numerous small claims court suits against both the Waterloo Regional Police and now the Toronto police. The title of the article in today's Waterloo Region Record is "Three G20 protesters get settlement from police".

No comments:

Post a Comment