This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

NO JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED



You probably think I'm referring to the lack of qualifications required to become parents. Literally there is zero educational or training requirements to becoming a parent. The only other job that has zero educational or work experience requirements would be that of a politician. Being a citizen is generally just about it. Perhaps there is a minimum age requirement but I'm not even so sure of that. Why exactly are our politicians so full of themselves? Beyond a doubt there are some smart ones just as there are some who are educated. If one looks locally it seems that teachers who can retire early and have substantial time off during their careers have a leg up on getting into politics. Provincially and federally lawyers seem to do very well.

Tuesday's Waterloo Region Record has an article titled "Multi-tier government has a price". Essentially we are advised that there are, in comparison to single tier jurisdictions, a number of local councillors hauling down six figure salaries. O.K. I'm impressed with how our local citizens are getting shafted through our taxes to pay for more politicians than we need. The truth is I'm unimpressed even with the individual salaries not just the excess ones. Being a smooth talker should not pay so well whether for the allegedly full time Mayors and Regional Chair but also not for the part time Councillors in Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge. In regards to the Townships I do know that Woolwich Councillors get a paltry $ 11,800 per year. How the other Townships do I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment