This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

TEMPEST IN A TEAPOT WITH VICE-CHAIR BACK ON THE POLICE BOARD



Today's Waterloo Region Record as expected is carrying this story "Vice-Chair back on police board". Seems Kin Denouden was suspended for all of one meeting. Boy I'll bet that's the last time she comments on a police officer spending too much time in the doughnut shop. Seriously nobody's talking and that's just not right. According to Councillor Tom Galloway and also the Chair of the Police Board "It's a private and confidential matter.". Really? And exactly how are we the public who just happen to pay all the bills over and over again supposed to know that? Ms. Denouden was on board business when she made an allegedly offensive remark to a Waterloo Regional Police officer. I expect when the smoke clears that my doughnut suggestion isn't that far off the mark. If that pettiness is indeed the case then here we have glaring evidence of the total nothingness that passes for civilian oversight of our regional police. The vice-chair verbally offends an officer and the citizens representative is suspended from attending a board meeting. The extent of the offense is so minor that the OCPS (Ontario civilain Police Commission) don't even bother having a hearing over it. Contrary to our regional politicians and Mr. Galloway the public absolutely do have the need and right to know what the hell is going on. Otherwise take your police board and just flush it down the toilet. It has zero transparency, accountability and credibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment