This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, May 4, 2015

CANADIAN JUDICIAL SYSTEM SCREWS UP YET AGAIN



The Saturday May 2, 2015 Waterloo Region Record carrys this article titled "Man wrongly jailed 27 years has the right to sue, top court rules". Ivan Henry was wrongfully convicted in 1983 of rape and indecent assault against eight women in Vancouver. In 2010 the B.C. Court of Appeal declared prosecuters had not fully disclosed evidence. He has since sued police, Crown and the City of Vancouver for witholding material that could have helped his case. The Supreme Court of Canada has recently ruled that he can sue prosecuters for their actions in not properly disclosing evidence. It is likely that a seven figure settlement will eventually occur. That said he has lost forever twent-seven years of his life while tagged with the abhorrwent and false sex convictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment