This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

JUDICIAL SYSTEM UNDER FIRE BY A ...JUDGE



Every now and then I see a glimmer of hope for our judicial system. This time ironically it comes from a judge speaking out publicly about the total loss of justice when it takes years to settle relatively straighforward cases. The April 18, 2015 Waterloo Region Record carrys this story titled "Judge slams system that failed children".

The case took four years to settle regarding a Crown wardship case. Two children were taken from their parents by Family and Childrens' Services of Waterloo Region. The parents appealed and the case took four and a half years to be settled. As the Judge indicated "A child's development does not wait for the "niceties" of lengthy and protracted legal proceedings". There are legal maximums for hearings in child protection cases and apparently they are routinely overlooked. Judge Sloan concluded "All parties involved must find ways to reform the system and allocate sufficient resources to the Ontario Court of Justice ..." such that these issues can be handled much more expeditiously.

No comments:

Post a Comment