This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, April 8, 2016

HOW SECURE ARE OUR RIGHTS & HOW ROYALLY BUGGERRED ARE OUR LAWS



Yesterday's Waterloo Region Record carrys an article titled "Traffic officer should know better than to routinely search cars, court rules". Duh do you think? What astounds me isn't that one police officer could so blatantly violate the law of the land but that an Ontario Court Judge (Catherine Kehoe) could be so ignorant and uninformed. This is a judge for pete's sake. That said I recall a friend's comment that Judges can not be dismissed for incompetence, only for misconduct. Wow!

The Ontario Court of Appeal made it obvious that Constable Sinclair should have known better. As should have the Ontario Court. Apparently not allegedly. What seems equally as likely is that they knew full it was illegal for a police officer to search a car that had been stopped solely for a traffic violation. This plain and simple is a police officer abusing his authority. Our politicians do it all the time while erstwhile denying they knew they were behaving illegally when caught in the act. Just look at the recent shenanigans in Woolwich Township, Ontario undertaken by the mayor and council.

1 comment:

  1. Another case of police above the law and charter of rights is hogg wash one be surprised to hear total figures of citizens being mistreated by police but I wouldn't be shocked my families been mistreated by police just by relation having same last name is worse then race discrimination

    ReplyDelete