This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

KUDOS TO MIKE RAMSAY WRDSB TRUSTEE



The May 5, 2016 Waterloo Region Record carried this story titled "Trustee "embarassed" that high schools fall short by 269 diplomas". While I say kudos to Mr. Ramsay regarding his embarassment that the Waterloo Region District School Board seem incapable of performing their core duties, let us not also forget that Mr. Ramsay is a longtime school trustee. He knows the reasons that the WRDSB are not sucessfully educating and graduating a larger percentage of their students. That said his comments about it being "unacceptable" are true as well as his frustration that the Board are "...unable to explain why our students are not keeping pace with other students across Ontario". Keep this in mind however that explanations are not necessarily solutions. Explanations are also sometimes just a little too close to excuses. Let's see the Board determine the reason why and then act on it appropriately in the best interests of the students. This of course is always difficult when students come a distant third to teachers' unions and Board staff in the hierarchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment