This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

THERE'S AN ODOUR ABOUT THESE CHARGES



The Jesse Sansone case smelled to high heaven due to police and school board behaviour. This case smells and it's all on the Crown. Yesterday's Waterloo Region Record updates the very weird case and charges against long time defence lawyer Hal Matson. The title of the story is "Defence lawyer case tossed out". Right from the start a year and a half ago I suspected that Mr. Matson had simply pissed off one to many prosecuters. He was charged with Obstruction of Justice which was due to his giving some brief legal advise to a former client. The Crown apparently weren't impressed as his former client was now a reluctant witness in another criminal matter. It turned out that the reluctant witness wasn't called to testify afterall. Meanwhile in Superior Court a Motion to quash the charge against Mr. Matson was heard and agreed to by Justice John Sproat. His conclusion was that there simply wasn't enough evidence against Mr. Matson to support any likelihood of a conviction. Something seems very strange and perhaps just a tad too personal in all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment