This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, April 11, 2014

MORE ON MYTH OF THE SKILLS GAP



You have to love the timing. Today's Woolwich Observer has an Opinion piece (Editor's Notes) by Steve Kannon titled "Myth of the skills gap gets in the way of dealing with real employment issues". Steve quotes Princeton economist Paul Krugman namely "Moreover by blaming workers for their own plight, the skills myth shifts attention away from the spectacle of soaring profits and bonuses even as employment and wages stagnate. Of course, that may be another reason corporate executives like the myth so much.". "First government needs to recognize that in much of Canada there is a job shortage, and an employer training shortage. Programs and policies should be re-oriented around that reality," according to Canadian Labour Congress economist Angella MacEwen. Or as Steve says "The actual gap is between reality and the government/employer version thereof." Or as I say shame on the liars who blame the victims of governmental incompetence and stupidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment