This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, November 7, 2014

LOCAL WOOLWICH TOWNSHIP POLITICS



There was a story in the Waterloo Region Record titled "Woolwich votes for big changes at the top" on October 30/14. This story listed some of the likely reasons for changes in Mayor and Councillors. In some cases the reasons were the same for both. In other words Todd Cowan's expenses scandal probably was the icing on the cake for many after a number of boneheaded moves he made as Mayor. It is quite likely that the complete housecleaning less Mark Bauman in apparently remote and isolated St. Jacobs, was leftover disgust from the Mayor's sins being put upon Councillors Al Poffenroth and Bonnie Bryant. Agreed Councillor Bryant faced stiff competition regardless from Sandy Shantz but her coming in second last after total newcomer Doug Hergott was frankly ridiculous. Having shared a conversation with Councillor Bryant the day after the election I am even more convinced that this Township have sufferred a loss with her departure. Personally I hope she runs again in 2018 for Council.

No comments:

Post a Comment