This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, November 14, 2014

MORE ON NEW STUN GUNS FOR WATERLOO REGIONAL POLICE



If I had more confidence based upon the history of the Waterloo Regional Police I'd be less likely to suggest that these stun guns are simply toys for boys. My expectation is that each and every cop is going to be dying to try theses things out and guess who will be disproportionately targeted? You got it: young males, drunks and anybody else with an "attitude".

Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys the following opinion of a member of the Community Editorial Board, one Joyce Hodge. The title is "Stun guns should be used sparingly by police". Overall I find her article to be balanced and she does have concerns both with the costs involved, the need for them and as well she states "...the officers who are using stun guns need to be extensively trained and monitored to assure they are using the devices appropriately-and only when absolutely necessary." Amen to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment