This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, June 12, 2015

BETTER BUT STILL LACKING



Today's Waterloo Region Record are still beating about the bush but at least they have published the Ontario Human Rights Commission's advice to Toronto Police Services including requiring "officers to tell people they have the right to leave and not answer questions". This is in regards to the issue of either "carding" or "street checks" both of which are illegal in this country and appropriately so. Exactly when did it become more likely that Canadian citizens would be confronted and or assaulted by police officers than by criminals?

Along with carding is the issue of racial profiling in Toronto. A legal challenge was launched last Wednesday by a black law student in Toronto. He has been stopped thirty times by Toronto police and is fed up to the point that he has launched a Charter of Rights and Freedoms legal challenge to the practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment