This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FOR THE NEW COURTHOUSE & STILL NO JUSTICE



What a godawful mess. Today's Waterloo Region Record advises us that the old Courthouse at 20 Weber St. has been renovated to the tune of $26 Million dollars. Apparently the Region of Waterloo will be transferring various departments in there. Hard to believe their huge edifice on Frederick St. isn't big enough, isn't it? For governments and courts maybe it's never big enough. Some huge egos to satify apparently.

I've been detailing on my Elmira Advocate Blog the ridiculous runaround I've been getting at Superior Court in order to lay election act charges against mayor Sandy Shantz. While I'm ever hopeful that this Friday will be a breakthrough why do I really suspect otherwise? Oh history I guess. From a process that is out of the middle ages and totally impossible for the vast majority of citizens to handle and navigate, to staff handing out wrong forms and it literally taking weeks to allegedly get the right ones, you can understand my disgust.

The last (ha who am I kidding?) straw was the case law that the J.P. gave me last Friday. While getting me the correct forms (allegedly) she also gave me multiple examples of case law indicating that despite the municipal elections act 1996, Section 81. (17), I and other citizens don't have the right to take an elected politician to court over campaign finance contraventions. Turns out every single case law she gave me was from before the 2009 revisions to the Act spelling out carefully that indeed citizens do have that right. Overall Superior Court has been an incredible waste of time and energy. Mostly it's been an education as to the incompetence and arrogance of self-entitled people. They seem to think they are working for NASA and everybody else are ditch diggers.

1 comment:

  1. Meh, sometimes they go the opposite route and reduce the size of government offices until the point of stupidity is reached. Take the local land registry office -- not too long ago, it used to be located in the concrete fortress at 200 Frederick Street, then moved offsite to an expensive entire second floor lease at Corporation Square (30 Duke Street West). Infrastructure Ontario even wastefully renovated the land registry's former space to house another courtroom for only a few years before they had the infinite wisdom to mothball the entire building. Meanwhile, they merged a [Dis]ServiceOntario counter into the same office as the current land registry, and now the bureaucrats have made the brilliant decision to even close down the larger [Dis]ServiceOntario location @ 1400 Weber Street East, as if that huge location can somehow squeeze its foot traffic into the tiny downtown location. Most people go to ServiceOntario to renew drivers licences or registration stickers, so what a great idea they have to force people to a downsized location downtown that has zero convenient, free parking options. Bravo, almighty governments... bravo!

    ReplyDelete