This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, January 18, 2016

SOMETIMES THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM WORKS



Last Saturday's Waterloo Region Record carried this story titled "Cambridge car dealer ordered to pay manager $48K for wrongful dismissal". The wrongful dismissal certainly sounded that way as far as the abruptness and lack of written warnings etc.. That said, while the jury agreed it was a Wrongful Dismissal in that it was without Notice or pay in lieu; I must say that I did find the use of alcohol to be troubling during working hours. Regardless even if the dealership owner felt he had legitimate grounds to dismiss with cause; the law is clear that that cause must stand up in court. Apparently it did not and the manager who had been making an excellent salary clearly had enough money to hire a lawyer and go to court. That is where our civil court system can shine as IF you've got the money you can indeed afford to pursue justice. otherwise you are SOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment