This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Saturday, January 6, 2018

CORPORATE & WEALTHY SHILLING



Oh my Luisa, I think you have unusually missed the boat on this one! Today's Waterloo Region Record has an Opinion piece by Luisa D'Amato that I will characterize as pro business, pro employer and pro discredited trickle down economics. The latter has been best described as yes something "trickles down" from the wealthy to the poor and yes it is liquid but it sure as hell ain't money. Enough said. The title is "Roll up the rim to Wynne...a mess".

Luisa is defending the disgusting behaviour by some Tim Horton's franchise owners in which they are now paying the new and finally significantly higher minimum wage in Ontario ($14/hour). These well off individuals have decided to recoup some of the wage increase by cutting back on paid coffee breaks and other "perks".

It is my understanding that being a franchise owner of either a Tim Horton's, Macdonalds etc. is essentially a license to print money. You might have to be wealthy to buy it in the first place but the income is staggering especially while paying minimum wages. Thus my personal disgust at a few of this entitled class of shits turning around and cutting costs on the back of these very same employees. I also have to ask as to since when are paid breaks not mandatory under Ontario law? Or have these very same self-entitled @#$%^& managed to lobby past Ontario governments for exceptions to this and other labour laws?

Regardless yes we may have to pay a little more for employees to earn the magnificent sum of $14 for an hour of their labour. Or maybe not depending on the industry and its' particular profitability. It would indeed be shocking to learn that some of these franchise owners might be limited to only two trips to the Caribbean in 2018 versus their usual three.

No comments:

Post a Comment