This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, April 9, 2018

DID MIKE HARRIS TELL A WHITE LIE, A DAMNED LIE OR NO LIE AT ALL?



Hmm this is an interesting one. On several media over the weekend as well as in today's Waterloo Region Record is an article advising that Michael Harris, a local Conservative MPP, has announced that he will not be running in the June provincial election for health reasons. These health reasons are in regards to upcoming eye surgery for a condition he's had for a couple of decades.

That said I received a phone call this afternoon from a friend advising that hot off the press and in the local media today is an item stating that Mr. Harris has been kicked out of the Conservative caucus for some unspecified improper conduct towards a woman. I don't have the specifics although allegedly they will be on this evening's 6 pm. CKCO-TV Kitchener News. The implication for me at least is that there may be some all too familiar allegations of the "Me Too" variety.

I further emphasize that as of right now I have not first hand seen this on the news. I might also add that the friend who called me is somewhat skeptical and is even suggesting that this could be some form of payback for Mr. Harris supporting Christine Elliot in the recent Conservative leadership campaign. I don't know which would be worse: this whole thing being dirty, nasty politics or there actually being some rude or inappropriate behaviour on Mr. Harris's part.

Finally if it turns out that there is some evidence of misconduct, has Mr. Harris exacerbated his political future with his claims of health issues forcing him out of provincial politics? In the alternative if he is cleared of any wrongdoing will what appears to be an ingenuous and convenient excuse for not running, come back and bite him?

2 comments:

  1. If you read the booked called Above The Law wrote by ax member of the RCMP officer people would be shocked to learn about Mr Harris and others .

    ReplyDelete