This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

FIRST CRIMINAL CHARGES FILED IN SENATE EXPENSE CLAIMS SCANDAL



Wow! The Mounties supposedly always get their man. While untrue nevertheless they've started with their sights on Mac Harb and Patrick Brazeau former Canadian Senators in good standing. Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story "RCMP charge Brazeau, Harb in Senate probe". What I still find interesting is how the so called independent audit of Brazeau and Harb claimed that it could not be determined if they had broken Senate expense rules. Notwithstanding that the Senate's internal economy committee then declared that the rules were unambiguous and demanded the expenses be repaid.

Meanwhile to date there has been no further announcements in regards to Mike Duffy and Pamela Wallin who are also in hot water over disputed Senate expense claims. They both have paid money back but that doesn't seem to have helped Mac Harb avoid criminal charges. Only time will tell with Wallin and Duffy. Meanwhile calls for reform of our Senate can only be given additional weight with this latest development.

No comments:

Post a Comment