This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, December 22, 2014

WATERLOO REGIONAL GOVERNMENT ARE NOT TRANSPARENT



Jeff Outhit wrote the following article (Road Ahead) in last Saturday's Waterloo Region Record titled "Governments used secrecy to stifle timely debate on light rail". Apparently reporter Jeff Outhit and the Record have been filing FOI (freedom of information ) requests regarding Light Rail Transit for the last few years. Unsucessfully. Our governments from Regional, Provincial to Federal are all very secretive and have no problem simply saying no to FOI requests. Apparently just because we the taxpayers foot the bill isn't a good enough reason to supply us with the logic or rationale for decisions costing us hundreds of millions of dollars. Isn't democracy grand?

No comments:

Post a Comment