This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

CRONYISM OR CORRUPTION (Or Both?)



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys the following story "Tribunal members have ties to Tories". Jason Kenney is a professional liar working on behalf of the Conservative Party of Canada. He is also a Cabinet Minister which speaks volumes regarding moral qualifications necessary to rise to the top of the political heap. Perhaps the words morals and politics really never should be used in the same sentence.

The Minister claims that he avoided patronage while appointing 1/3 of the 96 members to the Social Security Tribunal. Currently there is an 11,000 case backlog of appeals to this Tribunal regarding employment insurance, old age security and Canada pension plan benefits. "Thousands of Canadians are waiting years for appeals due to the growing backlog of cases since the Tribunal's inception.". Cronyism or not; they clearly aren't getting the job done in a timely manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment