This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, January 16, 2015

SCHOOL BOARD PIGS AT THE TROUGH CONTINUE ON



Yesterday's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story "Top school wages not frozen, analysis shows". Oh I am so shocked (not!). Just because the provincial government which nominally is in charge of education imposed a wage freeze on executive educational salaries; that doesn't mean that local boards and superintendants think it applys to them. It turns out that increases have continued on despite the alleged 2011-2014 wage freeze. Meanwhile we are advised that the Catholic Board may have trouble hiring a new education director because they are limited to a $200,565 annual salary. Poor babies, poor ed director, however will you survive? The Chair of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board asks why a potential education director would come and work for them for only $200,565 per year. Gee maybe do you think the individual should have some interest in say education? Perhaps even a background in local education. Is Waterloo Region so inhospitable educationally that qualified persons will avoid this area? I don't think so. It's just a game to keep everlasting upward pressure on all the executives salaries. Me first, education way down the line attitude and it permeates both boards apparently.

4 comments:

  1. http://www.wellingtonadvertiser.com/comments/index.cfm?articleID=24609

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't follow. I looked up this article on-line and it was in relation to region of waterloo master water Supply. Any chance you meant to post on the Elmira Advocate versus here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanted to bring this article to your attention. The article explains how the wells were installed prior to the environmental assessments. This is the only way I know how to contact you and posted on your latest article in hope you would notice. Please let me know if there is a better way to reach you.

      Delete
  3. Try agmarshall@rogers.com

    ReplyDelete