This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

FIVE YEARS LATER AND THE G20 SCANDAL DRAGS ON



Today's Waterloo Region Record almost carrys this story "Police chief won't testify at G20 hearing". I say almost because when I tried to link to today's story all I could get was a similar story from a couple of days ago. The net result is that while there have been a couple of minor assault convictions of rank and file police we are stuck with nothing better than Police Act charges against Superintendant David Fenton, the senior officer in charge at the time. He is being charged with two "kettling" incidents which took place that weekend in June 2010. These mass arrests of innocent citizens took place going on five years ago and now we find he is claiming that his superiors had full knowledge of what he was doing.

Despite this neither Chief Bill Blair nor since retired Deputy Chief Tony Warr can be compelled to testify at Supt. Fenton's disciplinary hearing. This is ridiculous but fully in line with allowing mass illegal arrests and not criminally charging thiose responsible. Secondly taking up to five years for justice for those falsely arrested and imprisoned is a disgrace and a scandal in its' own right. Citizens this is no longer a democracy when your rights can be so trampeled without proper accountability before or afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment