This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

ONE JUDGE APPROPRIATELY CHASTISED: IT SHOULD HAPPEN MORE OFTEN



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story titled "Trial judge chastised for online sleuthing". What gets me is the apparent ignorance and arrogance of the judge in that he totally violated the basic principle that judges and jurors must make their judicial decisions based solely upon evidence presented in court. This judge (Timothy Ray) of the Superior Court did his own independent research into the facts of the case after the trial was over and prior to his Decision being released. That is both outrageous and patently illegal.The Ontario Court of Appeal has thus ordered a new trial for the defendant in the case. I would suggest that more scrutiny of judges' behaviour would lead to more revelations of outrageous judicial behaviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment