This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

TRANSPORT CANADA STILL BEHIND THE EIGHT BALL WITH RAIL SAFETY



Yesterday's Waterloo Region Record carried this story titled "CN derailment shows new safety standards inadequate: watchdog". The recent (Feb. 14/15) derailment near Timmons has indicated that even the Class 111 railcars are not up to preventing ruptures and spills in the case of a derailment. In this most recent case the cars ruptured releasing crude oil which fed the flames after the accident. Transport Canada are being lobbied by the Transport Safety Board of Canada for enhanced protection standards to reduce the risk of ruptures and spills from these tank cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment