This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

NOT EVEN THE PRETENSE ANYMORE



Even the pretense of following rules, regulations and laws seems to have been discarded in Woolwich. Upon reading of the Municipal Elections Act 1996 as passed by the Ontario legislature, one could be forgiven for thinking that it is the real deal. In practice however it is a complete farce up here in Woolwich, to date. Whether Councillor Bauman or Mayor Shantz it certainly seems as if some of the most blatant failures and contraventions are ignored by the Township Clerk and in fact citizens are essentially challenged to take the sitting politicians to court. Is this a reflection of their antidemocratic attitudes or is it a comment by them as to the unlikelihood of getting convictions? Either one is distatseful.

No comments:

Post a Comment