This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

COURTS EXERT THEIR AUTHORITY



The Waterloo Region Record carrys this story on July 31/15 titled "Province denies right to protest at courthouse". Apparently two local activists were politely handing out flyers on the new courthouse steps at Duke and Frederick St. two years ago when they were issued trespassing tickets. At no time were they impeding people's access to or from the building and it was a peaceful protest. Despite that they were ordered to hand out their flyers on the sidewalk. The flyers were raising issues about prisoners' rights, solitary confinement, health care in prisons etc.. A decision by Judge Marietta Roberts is expected in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment