This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

HOW FAR WE HAVE COME: OR HAVE WE?



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys a story titled "Summer of 1971: "young and pretty" ". It's all about two teenage meter maids from Guelph who were fired for being too attractive for their jobs as meter maids. Apparently the city engineer was the one who pulled the plug on them. They both appealed their job loss internally with the City of Guelph and got no where.

As bad as that was how about here in Elmira a few years back when a private employer was told by his wife to get rid of a young, attractive female employee for the same reason. He complied and she was out of her summer job. Similarily I personally had problems with the City of Waterloo over twenty years ago because of how their middle aged public works crew were treating young, attractive females doing landscaping work. Have we really advanced all that much or is it like appearances, merely superficial?

No comments:

Post a Comment