This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

"AN EMBEDDED DISCRIMINATORY ATTITUDE" - PEEL POLICE



In the past we've heard our military and our police forces referred to as ggod old boys clubs, neandrathals and generally right wing,racist and sexist pigs. Despite most forces having opened their doors decades ago to women and ethnic minorities, racism and sexism apparently still thrive. Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys the following story titled "Police officer tells of "humiliating" treatment". If so much as half of what is written in this article turns out to be true then Peel Police should hang their heads in shame. So much for the blue wall. So much for "brother" officers. Apparently if you're an immigrant of a visible ethnic minority certain fields and professions are only open to you at the lower positions. Upper management is for others better qualified, perhaps by birth location?

No comments:

Post a Comment