This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, November 26, 2015

TODD COWAN BACK IN COURT YESTERDAY



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story titled : "Cowan expensed meal for girlfriend, fraud trial hears". Well now that is quite an earthshattering revelation...NOT. While it is we are advised clearly against the expense rules of either the Township or the Region of Waterloo, pardon me if I yawn a bit. Man they may convict Todd of Fraud and Breech of Trust, but that's incredibly petty. Perhaps the biggest charge against him should be the charge of stupidity.

Today's court date is to have testimony from M.P.P. Michael Harris in regards to a dinner he's alleged to have had with Mayor Cowan. Now as petty as it may be if just maybe that expensed meal with Mr. Harris didn't take place, then Todd only continues to dig his hole deeper. One large misappropriation (theft?) might actually be an error but if the Crown keep whittling away at Todd with numerous expense contraventions, albeit small, then it's like death from a thousand cuts.

I frankly am surprised at the manpower and expenses by all parties in this process considering the small size of the offense ie. $3,200. Maybe Todd screwed up big time yet I still wonder at the concerted attack by the Region, the Township and the Crown. Am I missing something here?

No comments:

Post a Comment