This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, November 12, 2015

SHARING AN OMBUD MAKES HORRIBLE SENSE



The October 28/15 Waterloo Region Record carried this in house Editorial titled "Sharing an ombud makes sense". Unfortunately it simply isn't so and I find it hard to believev that the Record doesn't already know that. The old expression refers to the fox guarding the hen house. That is precisely what this will be. Who exactly do you think will be hiring this municpal ombudsman? We need look no further than the joint MECAC (Municipal Elections Act Compliance Audit Committee) appointed by all the municiapal Clerks in the Region of Waterloo. They have proven themselves to be an absolute joke. They do not declare obvious conflicts of interest and they have made ridiculous decisions here in Woolwich Township while spouting the most asinine rationale for so doing. They have proven their ability to stickhandle around the Municipal Elections Act 1996. Why would I or any other informed citizen expect anything remotely better from another in house "investigative" body. Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment