This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, February 12, 2016

LEGALLY SPEAKING, SOMETHING IS REALLY AMISS



I don't get it. We were advised by screaming headlines and shocked media commentators that Canada had their own version of Bill Cosby. Gramted that would be the to date unconvicted Bill Cosby but you get the idea. The Canadian version was allegedly one Jian Ghomeshi, CBC superstar. The lurid details were allegedly that he was into rough sex with multiple willing or less than willing partners. Early on I thought I heard that there going to be six to ten femalee complainants prepared to go to court to get justice and to stop this terrible person.

Well now I'm confused. the trial is over and the Judge is working on his decision. All total of three complainants have some credibility problems to varying degrees. Normally I understand that Prosecuters, in a case involving multiple complainants, would select the ones most credible, articulate, brave and confident. If that's the case then what the hell happened? I'm not saying that Mr. Ghomeshi is innocent. I really don't know. What I do know is that all three of the witnesses/complainants have not done future legitmate complainants/victims any favours. I'm told that I'm not supposed to determine a witness's credibility by her behaviour after the alleged incident. Well I'm sorry but that's difficult to do when the alleged behaviour is towards the one and same person charged with sexually assaulting them. I truly don't get it. Did the Crown screw up in their choice of witnesses? Were there other women who came forward but were unwilling to testify in court? In my opinion our judicial system has some explaining to do now, and after the verdict, whatever it might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment