This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, February 5, 2016

NO LACK OF ARROGANCE & BRASS



Today's Waterloo Region Record advises us that the local Teachers' Union have decided to call for a boycott of the local newspaper. That is an incredibly hostile and bullying manoevre especially when one recognizes the value in local newspapers at a very time for them. On-line news combined with all kinds of personal devices to access it has put hard copy newspapers in a very difficult position financially. The latest newspaper to shut down would be the Guelph Mercuy and let's not forget the Elmira Independent having gone that route last summer. The title of the article in today's Record is "Teachers' union calls for boycott of The Record".

Once again it is the ever aggressive public elementary teachers' union who are behind this action. Seems their controversial job actions last fall caused some public relations headaches and they especially didn't like the coverage by Louisa D'Amato of the Record. They claim that there has been "one sided reporting" by her over the past year. Interesting but I believe that I've been reading her columns for a couple of decades or more and she has long been on the education beat and called a spade a spade. Her reporting has not changed so I have to think that this is simply the teachers' unions bullys thinking that the Record are vulnerable at this time to their pressure. Once more shame on the public elementary teachers' union.

No comments:

Post a Comment