This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

BURLINGTON SKYWAY CASE



The accused blew multiple times above the standard on a breathalizer test several hours after his truck hit and damaged the Burlington Skyway. That evidence was ruled inadmissable as the test was given after the three hour deadline. Also it turned out that the OPP had not advised the defendant of his reason for being detained as well as of his right to counsel. Last Friday's Waterloo Region Record carried this story titled "Second OPP bungle in Skyway case excused". Also today's paper states that the accused has been convicted of dangerous driving and acquitted of mischief endangering life.

All in all this gentleman is extremely fortunate considering his drinking, driving and then incredibly damaging accident to have only received the one conviction. Yours truly drove dump trucks for many years (decades) and was always cognizant of the state of the box on the truck. There are two levers involved and there was not any warning light or buzzer on any trucks I drove to tell me if the Power takeoff was engaged or if the handle was in the up position. That was on me to always know the status of the controls for the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment