This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, March 28, 2016

"SYSTEMIC RACISM IN POLICE STOPS"



At one time in my lifetime I could joke that having police officers with a Grade 10 education kind of indicated their lack of academic skills. It's more difficult nowadays as newer officers have required much higher academic standards than ever before. That of course means a high school diploma and community college as well. Last Saturday's Waterloo Region Record carried a disturbing front page article written by Jeff Outhit titled "Critics see systemic racism in police stops". The figures are presented for all to see. Yes they do indicate some racial profiling. Truth be told not as much as I would have expected. In fact as a white person I am quite ticked as to how many of us white folks got stopped and intimidated into giving police our names. This entire "carding" procedure is nonsense and must be stopped entirely whether black or white, green or yellow.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guilty by relation can be worsethen race

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you are selectively critical of The Record reporters? Jeff Outhit your friend?
    He calls himself a reporter that specializes in data analysis and can't even answer the basic 5 W's. Or get some data other than what fits his narative. People like you, Jeff and the racist group BLM do such a diservice to my community. This is just race baiting to sell papers.

    ReplyDelete