This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

YET ANOTHER ASSAULT UPON DEMOCRACY



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this Opinion piece by staffer Luisa D'Amato titled "Woolwich council should be listening to its citizens, not censoring the.". I was present during this confrontation initiated, exacerbated and manufactured by five Wolwich Councillors. Dr. Dan Holt was more than a match for all five. Yes he did receive some assistance from Councillor Patrick Merlihan who was appalled by the behaviour of his colleagues on council. Council have a bee in their bonnet both in regards to myself and in regards to the other seven citizen volunteers and members of the Citizens Public Advisory Committee (CPAC).

This Council have been caught repeatedly breaking rules and laws (Municipal Act) and apparently they aren't done yet. They tried to shut me down last February 2 at Council and they tried to shut down Dr. Holt last Tuesday (March 22) evening. Their excuses and rationale are less than pathetic. The truth is they are hell bent on protecting Chemtuura Canada and the Ontario Ministry of Environment from appropriate and honest criticism by informed citizens. Meanwhile the Dioxins, DDT and more are still in the sediments and floodplain soils of Canagagigue Creek all the way down to the Grand River, five miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment