This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, June 2, 2016

CARDING & STREET-CHECKS TO CONTINUE



Our provincial Liberal government "has imposed tighter rules on street checks and has ordered more training for police officers across the province.". One of the key new rules is that police must tell people that they do not have to reveal their name to police officers during a street check. That rule alone may take this issue off the hot plate.

Allegedly racial minorities were stopped more often than young, white males. Perhaps there is some age and gender discrimination involved as well. Waterloo Regional Police claim that from now on they will be advising citizens that they stop 1) the reason for the stop 2)advise the citizen of their right not to have to give their name etc. and thirdly police will provide the citizen with a receipt or documentation of the interaction.

The title of the article in today's Waterloo Region Record is "Street-checks policy approved".

No comments:

Post a Comment