This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, December 5, 2016

THE BADGEROW MURDER CASE



Boy I've got to say that the Crown have sure tainted this case. Four times Robert Badgerow was tried for the same murder. Twice he was convicted, twice he was not. Apparently unlike baseball, the tie does not go to the runner. Aside from the precedent of trying one individual four times for the same alleged crime there are other problems. Apparently he was tried briefly on a charge of assaulting and stabbing a young woman with a screwdriver but she survived. Not only did she survive but she identified Robert Badgerow as her attacker. The judge threw out the case apparently over concerns that Mr. Badgerow could not get a fair trial. WTF?????

This wee problem did not inhibit the Crown from continuing to chase him regarding the Diana Werendowicz murder. I do not understand why with a surviving witness the Crown chose to go after the obviously difficult murder case rather than the attempted murder case. I do not understand how the Crown can continue honing their approach or perhaps the jury until they get the one they like and need. I do know that in the U.S. double jeopardy much less quadruple jeopardy simply is not allowed. The Crown get but one kick at the can and it better be their best one.

Last Friday's Waterloo Region Record carries this story titled "Badgerow guilty of first-degree murder".

No comments:

Post a Comment